Tools Needed :
· Installing Custom ROMs
· Installing Jelly Bean Using CyanogenMod 10.0.x
Before Installing Custom ROMs :
· Get your Galaxy Ace 5830i fully charged.
· Backup all your contacts, messages and other important data.
· Turn on the USB Debugging mode on your device. Go to Settings> Applications>Development> USB Debugging> check the box.
· Download the ROM you like from the links below. Do not extract the zip file and copy it to the main directory of your device’s SD Card (not in a sub-folder).
· Download Google Apps for your phone from below (do not extract) and copy it to the same location as the ROM file.
Installing Custom ROMs :
· First of all make sure that you have done all things mentioned above under preparations.
· Turn off your device and boot it into CWM Recovery Mode. Press and hold the Volume Up + Home keys and then long ress the Power key till the start up screen with “Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830i″ logo blinks for two times and you see a screen as shown below. Another way to boot the device into ClockworkMod to download the ROM Manager app from the Google Play Store and use “Reboot into Recovery” option.
· In the Recovery Mode, use Volume, Home and Power keys to navigate between the options and select them.
· Open “backup and restore” and backup your current ROM (important). When the backup is done go back to the main menu
· In the CWM Recovery Mode, scroll to “wipe data factory reset” option and select “Yes”.
· Then to “wipe cache partition” and confirm by selecting “Yes”.
· Now go to the “advanced” option and select “wipe dalvik cache”.
· Then come back to the main menu and select “install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard”. Now browse to the ROM file and select it. Confirm your choice by selecting “yes”.
· This will start the installation process and will take a few minutes to complete.
· When it is done, go back and install the GApps using Step 8.
· Return to the main menu again and select “reboot system now”. It might take a few minutes before your device reboots, so a little patience is required.
Installing Jelly Bean on Galaxy Ace S5830i :
· Place the above file to your sd card (NOT IN ANY FOLDER!!!)
· Switch off your phone.
· Go to Clockwork mode
· Use the volume keys to move up and down.
· Wipe data and cache and Dalvik cache.
· Now choose: Install zip from sd card.
· Choose Gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip [CyanogenMod 10.0.x]
· Choose "yes"
· It will be Installed. Now reboot your phone. First boot will take time. Be patient.
· If you have followed EVERYTHING above carefully, you will soon boot up to your new rom.
· Please wait until media scanning is completed.
Screen Shot :