Tools Needed :
- 1. Samsung Galaxy S3 Handset
- 3. Samsung kies - Download Here
- 4. Jelly Bean 4.1.2 - Download Link Available Below
Bug Fixes and Changes :
- Exynos Vulnerability Abuse fixed
- Sudden Death Issue due to bug in Firmware fixed
- Two new apps added: Play Movies & TV, and Play Books
- If you are unable to update your Galaxy S3 Over-the-Air, or if you belong to some other country or region, you can download the complete firmware from the link below and flash it manually via Odin. Please remember that I9300XXELLA firmware is only meant for Samsung Galaxy S3 model number GT-I9300. It should not be tried over any other variant of the phone.
- PDA: I9300XXELLA
- CSC: I9300OXAELLA
- Version: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Date: December 24
- Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Firmwares for Countries:
- Saudi Arabia: I9300XXELL5_I9300OJVELL2_KSA.zip
- Saudi Arabia (JED): I9300XXELL5_I9300OJVELL2_JED.zip
- Hong Kong: I9300ZSDLL1_I9300OZSDLL1_TGY.zip
- Czech Republic: GT-I9300-XEZ-I9300XXELL4-1355126923.zip
- Firmware Download Link Mirror: I9300XXELLA_I9300OXAELLA_BTU.zip
How to Install :
- Extract the zip. You will see a file named “KIES_HOME_ I9300XXELLA_I9300OXAELLA_742798_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5″ inside the folder.
- Download and extract Odin3_v3.04.zip.
- Put your phone in Download Mode: Turn off the phone. Press and hold Volume Down+Home buttons and then long press the Power key for a few seconds till the screen turns. Press the Volume Up key when asked.
- his is a no wipe firmware. Therefore, it will not delete any data from your phone.
- Run the Odin program by double clicking the Odin3_v3.04.exe.
- Connect you phone to computer using the USB Cable.
- When the ID:COM port at Odin turns green, click on PDA button and select “KIES_HOME_ I9300XXELLA_ I9300OXAELLA_ 742798_ REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5″
- Finally, click on start button and wait for a few minutes till the installation is finished, you get a “PASS!” message, and the device reboots automatically.